At the core of the EtherNID is Accedian’s unique Fast-PAAs™ hardware-based processor which enables the unit to provide microsecond measurement resolution for one-way delay and delay variation, and monitor up to 100 flows or SLAs – all while traffic flows transparently through the unit. The Fast-PAAs silicon core architecture eliminates the delay of store-and-forward processing of Ethernet switches and routers, providing the lowest delay solution available today. With quality of service (QoS) marking, bandwidth profile enforcement and traffic conditioning on the highest capacity network links, the EtherNID effortlessly handles 16 flows in a full line-rate link with mere microsecond transit time.
- End-to-End OAM Functionality. Intelligent, standards-based Operations, Administration and Management
- RFC-2544 Traffic Generator and Analyser. Advanced tool based on the RFC-2544 standard that can be used to generate traffic Layer-2 or Layer-3 traffic at different rates, packet sizes, durations and traffic patterns, allowing to measure and diagnose throughput, delay, delay variation, frame loss, and detect and count out-of-order or duplicate packets.
- Throughput SLA Meter™ Performance Monitoring. Monitor continuity and measure delay, delay variation, frame loss and availability, including 1-way performance validation with microsecond resolution.
- Intelligent Layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 Loopbacks. In-service Layer 1-2-3-4 loopbacks per-flow, defined by VLAN, Class of Service, MAC / IP addresses or any combination of layer 2-4 header criteria.
- Per-Flow Statistics. Real-time statistics of any Layer 2-3 and 4 flow (VLAN, ToS, CoS, MAC, IP, TCP/UDP).
- Tapping & Monitoring. Single or dual monitor ports, filtered, real-time access to unidirectional or bidirectional traffic.
- In-Service Throughput Testing. Throughput verification of EVCs in-service without affecting customer traffic. EtherNID and MetroNID units generate and analyse traffic flows up to full wire-speed at both Layer 2 and Layer 3.
Service Creation & Traffic Conditioning
- Ethernet Service Mapping. E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree service creation directly at the demarcation point
- Bandwidth Policing. Upstream and downstream CIR/EIR/CBS/EBS limits by filtering criteria or for all traffic, facilitates Carrier Ethernet service provisioning and on-demand/incremental service upgrades.
- Wire-speed Traffic Filtering. Filtering of wire speed traffic at Layer 2-3 and 4 (per VLAN, Ethertype, Protocol type, MAC, IP, L2CP, BDPU, User Defined).
Management & General Details
- Plug & Go™ Instant Provisioning. Automated zero-touch provisioning, auto-configuration and inventory tracking.
- RADIUS Authentication and Security Support
- Jumbo Fames Support
- 5VDC, or dual 24 / 48 VDC feeds, all mutually redundant
- SNMP v1 & v2c
- MEF 9+14 and NEBS Level 3 Certified
- Temperature Hardened Option
- Copper Failover Bypass Circuit
- Test Set Support & Triple-Play QoS Testing