Wire-Speed PerformanceAt the core of the MetroNODE 10GE is Accedian’s Fast-PAAs™ hardware-based processor—an architecture proven in the widely deployed EtherNID and MetroNID service assurance demarcation units. Fast-PAAs eliminates the delay of store-and-forward processing of Ethernet switches and routers providing the lowest delay solution available today. With a silicon core that ensures quality of service (QoS) marking, bandwidth profile enforcement and traffic conditioning on the highest capacity network links, the MetroNODE NE effortlessly handles hundreds of traffic flows and 1,000 OAM flows in a full line-rate link with mere microsecond transit time.
- End-to-End OAM Functionality. Intelligent, standards-based Operations, Administration and Management
- PAA™ & SLA Meter™ Performance Monitoring. Monitor continuity and measure delay, delay variation, frame loss and availability, including 1-way performance validation with microsecond resolution.
- Intelligent Layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 Loopbacks. In-service Layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 loopbacks per-flow, defined by VLAN, Service-Level, MAC / IP addresses or any combination of Layer 2, 3, and 4 header criteria.
- Wire-speed Traffic Generator and Analyser. Layer 2 or Layer 3 (IP).
- ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC-2544 Automated Test Suite & Reports. Throughput measurement and diagnosis for delay, delay variation, frame loss, advanced test suite based on the ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC-2544 standards.
- Per-Flow Statistics. Real-time statistics of any Layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 flow (VLAN, ToS, CoS, MAC, IP, TCP/UDP).
Service Creation & Traffic Conditioning
- Service Mapping. E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree service creation directly at the demarcation point, fast and flexible VLAN to EVC mapping enables mapping an arbitrary set of VLANs to the same EVC.
- Bandwidth Policing. Limit upstream and downstream CIR/EIR and set burst performance (CBS, EBS) per EVC, CoS or for all traffic.
- Wire-speed Traffic Filtering. Through-traffic, wire-speed, directional filtering for up to 250 user-defined flows Filtering of wire speed traffic at Layer 2, 3, and 4(per VLAN, Ethertype, Protocol type, MAC, IP, L2CP, BDPU, User Defined).
Management & General Details
- Plug & Go™ Instant Provisioning. Automated zero-touch provisioning, auto-configuration and inventory tracking.
- RADIUS Authentication and Security Support
- Jumbo Frames Support
- SNMP v1 & v2c
- Dual 20-57VDC central office supplies, hot-swappable
- Conforms with MEF 9+14 and NEBS Level 3
- Protected Network & Client Links
- Test Set Support & Triple-Play QoS Testing